Reef Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I should stick with the 120s then . I went to inland aquatic yester day to get some ro water and thay always test my water wile I'm there and thay said I'm redy for a fish . I got a yellow tale damsel he looks happy so far . I'm prity excited now I can't wate to get my new light .

fish day is ALWAYS exciting! esp the first fish. yeah just stick with the 120w ones and youll be more than happy. also make sure you monitor the levels closely for the first 2 weeks or so of having that first fish in.

Yup I'm keeping up with it I check it every night before lights out . Thanks for all ur advice it was very helpful

np:) developing the correct husbandry skills early on goes a LONG way. youll have tons of fun with this hobby.

One question, I have an API Freshwater master test kit which has ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate tests in it. Will these same tests work for saltwater or do I have to buy the saltwater kit?

For ammonia nitrite and nitrate there the same tests. But there are others you need like phosphates , mg, dkh, and calc if you plan on keeping a reef

I have the API test kit and it came with two reading cards for each test one for fresh water and one for salt their is some difference in the color matching between each card but it's not much

Yea my saltwater card is gone. Crap it would have been nice to use it.

you don't really need one in front of you to judge your trates. darker orange into red signifies high nitrates. in a perfect scenario, you'd want it yellowish, maybe with a slight orange hue

Back
Top Bottom