Reef Octopus 2000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leslieb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just installed the reef octopus 2000 on my 72gal bowfront it is really putting alot of bubbles in the tank can anyone give me some advice on this

Which one is this, the HOB model? The BH-2000? If so, there is a break in period. Just microbubbles, right? Can you take a pic?

I have the same model, if its the BH-2000, and just installed it a couple weeks ago.

I had microbubbles at first, which worried me, but it didn't even last a day. I had set it up kinda late at night and by the time I got up the next morning, no more bubbles.

Also, mine started producing skimmate rather quickly. I've taken the collection cup out to clean it twice I think. Oh, and boy does that stuff stink!

Overall, I'm very happy with it as it was easy to set-up and has been running great.

yes it is just microbubbles mayb i am just not giving it enough time i have just had it running about 2 hours

Didn't it come with the foam to put around the out put pipe? I left mine on during the break in period as it catches the bubbles... Come to think about it, they're still on it now.

yes i have the foam around the pipe but it is just pouring out micro bubbles

Yea give it time... I would have it set on the most amount of air possible being drawn in, so the cup is at its highest point...

I left mine on as well and it may have helped with the microbubbles, as I don't know what it would have been like without, but there was still quite a lot of bubble with it on.

If its only been running 2 hours, I'd definitely give it some more time. I'm not sure exactly how long it too mine but at least 8 hours later, as I went to bed, the bubble has stopped.

Back
Top Bottom