Reef rocks net

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badambomb79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need rocks and sand for a 40g breeder. They have a smoking deal 40lbs sand free with 50lbs dry rock purchase. My question is has anyone bought from here? Will I be happy with the sand and rocks? I plan on adding an additional 10 pounds of live rock to help the dry rocks become live

The rocks are very nice The sand is a fine grain sugar sand, all in all it's a good deal (y) I bought 200 lbs for my 180 and it was way more than needed

I have bought from them in the past as well and it is great rock. :) The sand is the finer kind but it works just fine for me.

If I get the dry rock and sand package from reef rocks. Net will it become live or is it better to buy a couple pounds of live rock to seed it?

All rock will become live, that's the purpose of the cycle, to establish beneficial bacteria onto the rock. I'd get a price of live rock to seed Coraline.

I always seed any new tank with a pound or two of live rock Try to get two pieces from different vendor's as it adds diversity to your tank.

Back
Top Bottom