Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Wait till you get the 125 if you are considering a tang.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingy

Why ask the question?
Because I want to know.. That's why I haven't once said I am gettin a hippo tang, just that, that was a considered option.. I'm taking in everyone's opinion, & as far as the tang being king of ick, I have already got a tank set aside for a QT. but besides a tang & angelfish, since I can basically only have 1 of each, what are other fish.. Like a Dottyback, & Chromis or anything such as that... I want fish that have some personality, & give the tank some sort of movement. I know the watchman goby & pistol shrimp aren't that moving but in the 55, they are fun to watch as they have a huge shell by their selves.. Pretty neat..

Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

One of my friends has 75 gallon with tons of coral. He decided to go with a school of chromis fish. Super cheap so he ended up getting like 20+ or so. Super sick to see how they are synchronized swimming back and forth. Feeding time looks cool!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah, I wanna do quite a few of those, but I also want some other eye catchers.. I saw a tank on YouTube with a ton of Anthias.. They look cool but I know they pick on inverts & stuff.. Plus they are expensive..
Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

How about flasher wrasse? I plan on getting like getting two. Nice to see them show off. Havent researched them yet so i cant tell you about their needs
Old 05-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budda619
How about flasher wrasse? I plan on getting like getting two. Nice to see them show off. Havent researched them yet so i cant tell you about their needs
Well I already got a six line wrasse, I'll have to look into them as well.. Most fish you can have can only be a single species. Kinda sucks.. & I don't want damsels..
Old 05-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfool58 View Post
Because I want to know.. That's why I haven't once said I am gettin a hippo tang, just that, that was a considered option.. I'm taking in everyone's opinion, & as far as the tang being king of ick, I have already got a tank set aside for a QT. but besides a tang & angelfish, since I can basically only have 1 of each, what are other fish.. Like a Dottyback, & Chromis or anything such as that... I want fish that have some personality, & give the tank some sort of movement. I know the watchman goby & pistol shrimp aren't that moving but in the 55, they are fun to watch as they have a huge shell by their selves.. Pretty neat..
I'm sorry if I upset you, and perhaps I have misread your posts . You did say in your second post "am possibly going to try a hippo tang". Your next 2 posts did seem to defend that decision; "I've read a 125 (6foot) is a good size for Hippo, & that they grow slowly"; and "I would have a QT tank, If I got a hippo tang". It seemed to me like you had already made up your mind and were just wondering what to get with your Hippo tang. I'm glad I was wrong.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

There are a bunch of reef safe wrasses. Too many choices, so find one that grabs ya. I believe they would be okay with the 6 Line. I think Hawks are interesting. Maybe something like a Spotted or even Longnose? Not always super active, but definitely have personality.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cool, & I really would like a tang, & my little boy wants a hippo tang.. But idk.. & do you guys think a 48 inch wave point t5ho 4 bulb light fixture will be good enough to grow corals in the 125g.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Following along.

For lights just go LED- so much nicer with the shimmer, no lamp replacement and low energy consumption and heat.

If your looking at tangs there are alot of really nice options so look online and see what you like the looks of that will be ok in your tank.

Tags
reef, reef safe fish, safe

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com