Reef safe fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoothie7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 90 gallon tank that crashed about a month ago and lost all the fish however all of the coral is doing great. In a couple more weeks I am going to start to add fish again and have a couple questions just to make sure everything is compatible.
As far as cleanup crew goes I have an electric blue crab, Halloween crab, 1 emerald crab and 5 snails. Thinking about getting 2-3 more emerald crabs and a couple fire shrimp. Thoughts? What about peppermint shrimp to battle aptasia? Are they aggressive? I was thinking of getting 3-4?
As far as fish goes, I would love to have a harlequin tusk, yellow tang, 2 purple firefish, and maybe a 6 line wrasse just to keep any worm population down. Is the 6 line going to be too aggressive? Will the tusk bother any of the other fish or coral? Any specific order I should put the fish in at?
Thanks and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I have a six line and he is not that aggressive. The tangs and fire fish should be OK. Never had the Harlequin tusk so I cant answer. Try some gobies. The pink spotted gobie is a good choice.

What do you care about worms? They aren't going to hurt anything and are part of your "clean up crew" if there is such a thing. I would think the Tusk would eat the shrimp at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom