reef safe fish for a 37 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys i was looking for some reef safe fish for my 37 gallon reef tank besides cardnals,angels, and clowns.
My stock is:
1 valentini puffer
1 lemon peel (who nips at the corals to much and will be out of the tank in a few days)
1 diamond watchman goby
1 green emerald crab
1 decorator crab
1 peppermint shrimp

Corals:
3 brain corals
1 green australian duncan
Thanks in advance!

You could try chromis. Green or blue. Some different wrasses. Mystery or flasher. I like Christmas wrasses the best.

Tangs are a no they need LARGE long tanks. Butterfly might but I'm not sure. Most are not reef safe.

How is your puffer? Mine eats some corals and not others, eats all inverts tho. I like firefish and heaps of awesome gobies with plenty of character...

How is your puffer? Mine eats some corals and not others, eats all inverts tho. I like firefish and heaps of awesome gobies with plenty of character...

He is great always active and never chewing or niping the corals, his diet consists of seaweed,brine shrimp, krill, and emerald delite He is one lucky fish! He never messes with the shrimp but i havent seen the crabs for 3-4 days he might have gotten them already.

Yeah mine loves inverts, I only ever had hitchhiker crabs that I've seen him smash to pieces. I always buy really small frags to test if he will eat them because its so hit and miss - I would stay away from sps and stick to softies and some lps, in my experience those are the ones he has stayed clear of. Be aware that once he matures he will become a bit more aggressive (well mine did) no towards any fish tho but he certainly developed a taste for corals when he matured (after about a year)

How about royal grammas? How many could i get?

these guys are full of personality (as much as a fish could have, at least) But I believe they're territorial. You could get one, but they're great fish! Just be sure to quarantine, as they very prone to flukes...

Back
Top Bottom