Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Reef Safer Rock From Bulkreefsupply

I'm thinking about getting this rock for my 55gal because live rock can get costly. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this rock and if I should buy it? Also, on the website when you choose how much you would like to purchase, there is a box with the amount in it. Does that state the amount of rocks you want to buy or how much lbs you want?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It means how many pounds you want on the website.

I personally have not ordered any of BRS 's rock yet but those that have love it, specially the pukani rock.

I will be starting a group buy today or tomorrow for BRS and the rock will go on sale for sale next week during the group buy so if you are gonna get any I suggest ypu join the group buy and save some cash! lol

Old 06-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've never participated in a group buy. What are the benefits? I'm very curious.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

For a group buy you just send me your last name and email address and register at bulkreefsupply.com with that same email. The group buys start on a tuesday and run for a week. During that time all prices on the website will be from 5-20% cheaper than non group buy time. You get the items shipped to you and you pay through brs. Pretty easy and saves some cash. After the group buy is over you will get a permanent discount of about 5-10% on most items too.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh wow! I'll make sure to check your threads to look for group buys because It sounds very interesting!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I bought a small piece of the reef saver rock. Don't get me wrong, it was nice. It seemed like a small puzzle piece that needed others to make a larger aquascape. In the end I went with the more expensive Pukani rock. I just loved the look of them. Each piece was really unique.

It all just depends on how you want the rockscape to look like. All their rock is really nice.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah the Pukani looks amazing but the price is a but high if your planning on buying a lot.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake337 View Post
Yeah the Pukani looks amazing but the price is a but high if your planning on buying a lot.
Another option you might want to look at is The Reef Rock Store I bought a 50lb box from them and it was great. Just tell him what kind of scape you are going with and he will try and get you rocks to fit it. I got about 55lbs in the 50lb box it is nice a porous and there was very little ruble in the box.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks for the advice. I have a question. If I did buy the reef saver rock off of bfs, 15lbs worth of it, how much rocks would I get? Also knowing that they have lots of pores.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

I have 100 pounds of reef saver rock from BRS in my 90 gallon tall tank (48x33x13 inches). I really like it except that it seems to drop a lot of dust and small debris in the tank. That is really bad considering I have black Tahitian Moon sand, but that is my problem. I am nearing the end of my cycle and have a lot of coraline starting to show up.

Here is a pic, the only difference being the removal of all the shells on the bottom since I thought they took away from the look of the tank...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03692a.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	101625  

Tags
reef, rock, supply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com