Reef salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stunner

Aquarium Advice Newbie
To all out there,

Do I need to add reef salt when i add water to my tank,cos of the evaporation take place in the tank?

no the salt does not evaporate so you just add your water for top offs.

@alrmc4,

Thanks for replying,Can u tell me why some of the reef salts that i have added to the tank still laying on the below of my tank?Is has been 2 days since i have started my cycle,do i need to stir the water to let it dissolve......Pls advice

Welcome to Aquarium Advice Stunner :!: :mrgreen:

it could be undesolved salt if you dont have a powerhead or any other water movement. You should have around 10 times your tank volume in GPH from powerheads, filters etc. About how much do you think you have?

It could also be some mineral precipitate. If you added the salt quickly (ie poured it in all at once) then its possible the calcium preciped out of solution in a somewhat localized area.

Can you describe how you added the salt?

As a rule you add freshwater for topoffs and saltwater when you do water changes.

To all out there,

Can help me wif that?My filter is on all the time,but it been two days i still got the reef salt on the bottom of the tank.....help me pls

What kind of substrate do you have?

THe salt can be stirred around with your hands or a plastic spatula can wave it around a bit....

PS,,,, what kind of salt did you use?

Adding the salt to quicklyi could have caused the calcium to precip out. Nothing to big to worry about if your setting the tank up for the first time. If stuiring the white power at the botom does not help it disolve then just syphon it off the bottom.

@all,
So wat should i do?Just leave it like tat?Or clear the salt away?By the way should i put the dead shrimp inside the tank now?How long do i have to put it there?1 week?pLS ADVICE

You have not answered any of our questions.... It is hard to help without knowledge of exactly what is going on with your tank and parameters...

Love to help but am unable to do so from lack of information

Back
Top Bottom