Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Question reef start up ???

ok i have a 240 gallon sw tank that is going to house all my reef safe fish i was not planing on starting a reef tank but thay r so pretty what will i have to add to make it a great reef tank i was told i dont need some of the stuff that people try to sell u do i need a calcium reacter, and m/h lighting and anyother thing u can think of that i will need for it all info is welcome

Old 04-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

We need more information such as dimensions, style of reef (soft, sps, lps, or mixed), is it drilled (built-in overflows), etc? Do you have any equipment for it?

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to MichaelsLilGray Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelsLilGray
lots of the stuff you dont "need".. but almost everything is important in its own way.. iodine for instance.. will bring out the colors of the coral.. ext. ext. ext. Just like Innovator said though.. more info on what exactly your housing.. and what you think isnt "needed" lol
Old 04-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
SW REEF 15+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Read this for some equipment needs.

Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

ok it is 8x2x2 bottom drilled i have a 55 gallon sump with a little gient pump (1200 gph) and a nu-clear canister filter with another pump of the same, 2 48in nova extrem 3 t5 lights with 2 cerculation pumps 300 lbs live rock 180 lbs live sand and i want mixed corals

Tags
reef, start

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com