refugeum vs live rock in biocube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok..whats the difference? what is a "refugeum" i have live rock in the back now..can i put chaeto on top of the live rock with a little led light?

ok..whats the difference? what is a "refugeum" i have live rock in the back now..can i put chaeto on top of the live rock with a little led light?
A refugium is a chamber inside a sump typically. It is a safe zone for things like macro algae and coepods to multiply without getting eaten. Also, the deep sand bed and macro algae eliminates nitrates from the water. It's not inside the tank, it's connected.

A refugium is a chamber inside a sump typically. It is a safe zone for things like macro algae and coepods to multiply without getting eaten. Also, the deep sand bed and macro algae eliminates nitrates from the water. It's not inside the tank, it's connected.

sprry i should have specified..i have a biocube so i could turn my back chanbers into a refugium? are there any bennefits to live rock? also can i put the chaeto on top on the rubble rock in my 2nd chamber? and will a small led light keep it alive/growing

sprry i should have specified..i have a biocube so i could turn my back chanbers into a refugium? are there any bennefits to live rock? also can i put the chaeto on top on the rubble rock in my 2nd chamber? and will a small led light keep it alive/growing
Yes you could. Break up the live rock into rubble and it will work. Yes the chaeto will grow on top. What kind of led light is it?

Don't know what the back section is like but every tank should have live rock really as it is probably the best filtration for a saltwater tank. And yes you can add chaeto on top will also help

Yes you could. Break up the live rock into rubble and it will work. Yes the chaeto will grow on top. What kind of led light is it?

yep i have already broken it into rubble back there.. i dont have the light yet..just feeling out what the light should consist of..i found one at my LFS is a single bright led fully submerable..im assuming it would work is has a little transformer and everything for it? AND its half off:brows:

To my knowledge chaeto will grow under any light really so no need for expensive one

The intank fuge basket is made to fit in the biocube as well as a media basket if you dont have that already.

Yea awesome filtration and good flow. Just have to cut the tab where the skimmer hangs on. There are some threads on here about them. Best $ I've spent on my bc

Back
Top Bottom