Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally got it up and running. My custom sump/fuge, I cut overflow notches in the panels and put cheato there so water will flow threw it better, and it grows like crazy now. Tell me what you think

fish are friends not food

Attachments

• image-548778162.jpg
    image-548778162.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2361023427.jpg
    image-2361023427.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 87
Also can I stick my anemone down here? Someone told me that the anemone can survive under a 100 watt flood light, and he's looking kinda week so I thought putting him down there wouldn't hurt but I wanted to check first

Does it look dead?

Attachments

• image-1153951768.jpg
    image-1153951768.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 78
it will not survive down there. i would put it in your display immediately. the anemone looks fine. since you purchased this creature, it's your responsibility to do the best you can for it. what good would it do to put it in the refugium?

Well at first the guy told me it was a bubble tip then I found out it might be a Ritteri si I'm freaking out because I don't want it to nuke my tank

Will Kent Marine PhytoPlex do any good for food for them? My clownfish will NOT let them eat, kinda why I put it in the fuge also, along with it kept free floating and would run into my corals

freaking out should have made you return it. if it was going to nuke your tank it could do it just as easily in the refugium.
no, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, is not meant for anemones. if you have adequate lighting, it doesn't matter if it eats. just leave it in the display, and let it acclimate and be happy.
if you are concerned about it touching your corals, you should return it. anemones do move around the tank.
btw, it looks like a BTA to me.

Back
Top Bottom