Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have bought a miracle mud sump and I am now trying to look into the best things to grow and put into my refugium. I have never had a sump but I have read caulper is hard to keep under wraps and that maybe mangroves or cheato is a better option. Has anyone got any advice from there experience? Also should I be having clean up crew members in there or just the macro algae?

woody390 said:
I have bought a miracle mud sump and I am now trying to look into the best things to grow and put into my refugium. I have never had a sump but I have read caulper is hard to keep under wraps and that maybe mangroves or cheato is a better option. Has anyone got any advice from there experience? Also should I be having clean up crew members in there or just the macro algae?

+1 Chaeto

Thanks both, Is cheato as good for the fish as the caulerpa?

woody390 said:
Thanks both, Is cheato as good for the fish as the caulerpa?

Chaeto is the best macro imo wont go assexual like caulerpa and its nutrient intake is about good as it gets i run mine on 24/7 lighting

danbstrong said:
Chaeto is the best macro imo wont go assexual like caulerpa and its nutrient intake is about good as it gets i run mine on 24/7 lighting

I keep couple snails and hermits in mine oh and also an urchin but my fugi is 25g in a 65g sump

Back
Top Bottom