Refugium?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D.Schneidt

Aquarium Advice Regular
What should I put in my new refugium? I've never had one before. I'm clueless over here.

It's up to you really! Some ideas are sand and live rock, just live rock, sand and macro algae like chaeto, just macro, etc... Just keep in mind that if you do a macro you will need a light over it... I'm sure there are other ideas out there too!

basically I would recommend macro algae (chaeto is your best option) and sand and a litle bit of live rock, should give you enough surface for you beneficial bacteria and places for pods to breed and also the macro algae will export bad nutrients from the water

It's up to you really! Some ideas are sand and live rock, just live rock, sand and macro algae like chaeto, just macro, etc... Just keep in mind that if you do a macro you will need a light over it... I'm sure there are other ideas out there too!

Thank you

basically I would recommend macro algae (chaeto is your best option) and sand and a litle bit of live rock, should give you enough surface for you beneficial bacteria and places for pods to breed and also the macro algae will export bad nutrients from the water

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom