Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you figure it out, I'll be happy, I had the same prob, looks like the lights are good, that's why I said about the flow,the guy I buy Cheato from had the Cheato inside a plastic pasta drain in the sump, no LR or LS ,and one of those light like you but led bulb, and his Cheato is growing a lot too

But I also saw people with beautiful tank that can't grow Cheato

So run opposite lights, take dead cheato out, and i should be good? Or so you suppose?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The light opposite cycle help stabilize the ph,just shake the Cheato in a bucket the deads should came off or pull it of by hand.... That's does not guarantee the Cheato to grow.
As mr _X said not everyone can grow Cheato , but in my experience I made a couple of changes and now I able to grow Cheato

Thank you for posting this.I am sorry you have had trouble but I have been making plans for a refuguim so I welcome all the information I can get my hands on. I hope you can find a solution. :fish1:

I used to pull massive amounts of chaeto out of my refugium and give it away, until I had a power outage. This outage killed most everything in the tank. I restarted and re-cycled, and even years later, can not grow chaeto. I can grow caulerpa just fine though, and use a mixture of it in multiple tanks with no trouble.

I got lucky and i tried putting my timmer on with 2 lamps and it wont fit. It hits the top of my stand

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There are no rumors about chaeto going sexual and destroying your tank, because it doesn't. Caulerpa can do this though, which is why I mentioned it may be worth while doing the 24 hour photo period if you change to it. As for caulerpa ruining your tank, I've had an occurrence at one point and it didn't kill a single thing, just clouded the tank a little.

+2 I read the same thing. I have chaeto in my fuge it grows very slow in my tank. I use led about 10hrs a day for it and it also keeps my copods and amphipody happy. I also have a small peace of l/r with it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom