refugium light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjwilley718

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a question about a refugium light. What would be a good light? I would like to go with one that is resonably priced and doesn't use much electricity, like maybe LED. I was looking at this one on Marine Depot

Innovative Marine Skkye Light Utility LED

Any opinions or things to make sure the light has as far as degrees Kelvin, etc.

It depends on what you want to grow in your fuge. Corals too, or just macro algae? I'd take a look at some of the Par38 led bulbs out there. Marine Depot has a good selection. Check out their reviews. The par38s screw into an ordinary socket.

On my fuge I'm running a cheap work light I got at walmart for 8 bucks and a 10 watt energy saver bulb...I believe it would be a 40 watt bulb if it wasn't energy saver. Currently have cheato, money plant, and 5 mangroves in my fuge. Only issue I've had was with the cheato. Ended up getting covered with an algae outbreak I had been fighting and was working so much forgot to turn it/clean it off so it started to crumble and die.

Back
Top Bottom