Refugium Light Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coopaloopa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So....I have decided to add a regugium to my Nano Cube 24g. My question is, are there any other alternatives to a light for the back of the tank? I want the Nano Glo LED but the price is kinda rediculous. I like the idea of limiting the ambient light and not having an underwater light due to the possible issues that can arise. Thanks in advance for your help.

I ran into this problem when doing the fuge in my biocube. :)

There really are only two options, the jbj nano glo which I bought for $50 or a small light submerged in the fuge itself. In retrospect i probable should have gone with the small light in the water. LOL I spent a silly amount of money on that led light and could have gotten the same result with the way cheaper option. The led light is good quality and i may find a use for it yet after I break down my cube. :)

Should i do the refugium in the 1st chamber media basket or 2nd chamber free floating?

Help please I have a real high phosphate . I've tried the bag and water changes the water is phosphate free going in ?

Carey -

I wish they made the middle basket for the 24g nano. Question about your media basket, I have heard alot of people saying that the chemi pure clogs the flow through the media basket. Assuming you run chemi pure in your basekt, have you noticed this issue and if so how did you deal with it?

Back
Top Bottom