Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Refugium Light Question

So....I have decided to add a regugium to my Nano Cube 24g. My question is, are there any other alternatives to a light for the back of the tank? I want the Nano Glo LED but the price is kinda rediculous. I like the idea of limiting the ambient light and not having an underwater light due to the possible issues that can arise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I ran into this problem when doing the fuge in my biocube.

There really are only two options, the jbj nano glo which I bought for $50 or a small light submerged in the fuge itself. In retrospect i probable should have gone with the small light in the water. LOL I spent a silly amount of money on that led light and could have gotten the same result with the way cheaper option. The led light is good quality and i may find a use for it yet after I break down my cube.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #3

Should i do the refugium in the 1st chamber media basket or 2nd chamber free floating?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Help please I have a real high phosphate . I've tried the bag and water changes the water is phosphate free going in ?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I bought an InMedia basket for the fuge and it goes in the center compartment of my cube. This is what I have

BioCube 29 Package Deal - Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies
Old 01-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #6

Carey -

I wish they made the middle basket for the 24g nano. Question about your media basket, I have heard alot of people saying that the chemi pure clogs the flow through the media basket. Assuming you run chemi pure in your basekt, have you noticed this issue and if so how did you deal with it?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I run chemi pure and purigen and have had no problems at all.

Tags
light, refugium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com