Refugium light schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hat kind of lighting schedule should I set up for my fuge. The only macro is chaeto

The only reason I ask is because I've been getting some
Bubble and cyano recently only in the . Idk if this is
Normal?

And don't you always want the ph balanced?

Have you tested your phosphates and nitrates? Also how long has it been running?

Nitrates are at 5-10ppm
And I don't have a phosphate kit.
An today is the 6th week that the tank has been running

I would recommend getting a PO4 test kit if you plan to keep coral.

I like lighting mine opposite the DT. This way I only see a pH swing of about 0.1 between day and night. If I run the light all the time, the swing is more like 0.3-0.4.

What do you mean opposite the DT. Like when my DT starts dimming down? I have the al sol blue fixture. And they start dimming down at 4pm the moonlights come on at about 8

I have AI Sols as well - when my AI sol lights get to the end of the ramp down, my refugium light kicks on. It turns off the next morning when my DT lights start ramping back up.

Ok thanks. U think the chaeto will be fine with 11 hours of light?

Question for u guys with the ai sols.

What is the distance you have between them and the water surface?

And what is your lighting schedule like?

Mine are about ten inches above and I run all 14 settings on the controller and I have some form of light on 24hrs on my DT.

I have some form of light on 24hrs on my DT.

If I may ask..... why?? All living creatures have a natural circadian rythm, and should be given some time of total darkness. My corals will stay out even in 2 watts of moonlight, and won't retract until those go off, which they need to do for rest....

My lights are only on at a setting of 1 out of 100 on only the blue bulb out of three bulbs (1 white & 2 blues) for most of the night. Basically a moon light.

Can you guys help me with something else relating to my DT lights? It's under the general hardware section

Back
Top Bottom