refugium question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That will work fine for your 30g though a bit larger would be better but it will work. I don't know a lot about the miracle mud or refuge mud, I have a deep sand bed in my fuge about 6 inches. (20g tank).

What you are going to want is to have some LR rubble and some Macro algae. If you check ebay you can order some or if you would like I will gladly send you some of mine. The algae and the LR Rubble will help filter your water.

Yes you will definately need a light for that tank. They should have one that fits it where you ordered it from.

Welcome to the world of natural filtration!!!

Bunny said:
1- What do you guys think of this one for my 30g? (and please say nice things I already ordered it ).

You are really putting the pressure on us when you say things like this. It`s best to tell the truth then what the person wants to hear. That`s the way I am anyway. Later down the road you`ll want to blame us and say we never told you when problems down the road show up. Saying that, your refuge looks pretty good. I`ve never used that brand so I have no personal experience. I do have miracle mud experience. I have it on the bottom of my refuge covered by 3 inches of sand. You must have it covered up with sand. I hope all goes well.

I was joking about "please say nice things"- guess I should have added a winky emoticon.

I figured you were but sometimes there are those that say that that are not joking.

Nono- my bad! I should have used the emoticon.

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful advice so far!

I called them and they hadnt shipped it out yet, so I upgraded to the 24" :D

I read that for the miracle mud stuff your suppose to replace half of it with new mud every year or something. Is that true?

Back
Top Bottom