refugium with little to no light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philc21

Aquarium Advice Activist
i would liek to do a refugium but i thoguht it was impossible to do without light but i recently heard that there are some types of caulerpa that do not need any supplemental light that room lighting is enough for it is this true? has anyone heard about this if not what type is best for little amounts of light

IME caul. does best with 24 hour lighting. If it has a light cycle every day it tends to go sexual and start breaking down pretty quickly. I can't think of any type of macro that doesn't need any light.

FWIW, you can do a fuge with no light what-so-ever, you just can't do the macro. Plemnty of LR and rubble will give plenty of space for pods to grow and dinitrification to occur, but you will not have the benefit of the algae scrubbing.

and for lighting yo do know that just a no light is moe then fine. you can use the grow bulbs from like home depo adn they work great from what i hear. you dont have to spend 100 just for the light.

Back
Top Bottom