Remora Pro always filling with water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tazman282

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased the remora pro protein skimmer with the mag 3 pump and no matter how high I put the filling cup it eventually fills with water, is this normal?

two things

1) If you haven't had it that long then it needs to 'break in'. Wear off all the oils that are left from the manufacturing process. Once that happens (few days/weeks) then the bubbles will start to stick to the sides and climb toward the cup.

2) If the bubbles are too far up the neck, there is usually an air tube (ventri) that you can use to control the water height. The more you restrict the air the higher the water level (or the opposite, I can't remember after all this time). So it may be crimped or need to be short of a mod

Or a combination of the two.

I don't have your skimmer, so those are just some general guidelines

Agree with #1. #2 doesn't apply to the Remora as it doesn't have an air intake line.

If this is a new skimmer, than yes... it's normal. It'll settle down in a week or so. If not a new skimmer... have you added any chemicals/additives to your tank recently?

This is about 6 months old, sometimes it will not hit the cup but usually it will bubble up and fill with water. No new chemical either.

Back
Top Bottom