replacing that liquid stuff!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

datto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone,

i just wanted to know how often you all complete water changes on your tanks, and how often you would recomend i do a change on mine (450g system).... any thoughts?

thanks

Provided you don't over feed, over stock, or under maintain...15% once every two weeks works fine without stressing the fish. Better off with more frequent water changes with less water taken out each change. Especially with marine. Ocean critters are not adapted for sudden changes as most freshwater fish are.

shoot, i do 10% every other day to keep my nitrates down. but my tanks only a 10 gal so its a lot less stable then a 450.

I change 5g every 1-2 weeks in my 40gallon, but I skim heavily, have a fuge full of macro algae, and only 4 small fish.

I change 20g on 120 every 2w. Just about like a religion! If I had a 450 I'd probably dose more and change less water! Especially if you don't have a nitrate problem. With as many tangs as your planning (and as much as they poop) you may find that you need to do regular water changes. Your tank will tell you. With corals you wanna keep those trates down as close to 0 as possible. Mine are right around 5 and the corals all look very happy. I can't imagine changing 90g of water every 2w! My garbage cans only hold 32g of water :roll:

Back
Top Bottom