Research on saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am trying to learn about saltwater aquariums although I do not have the money and time to start one, just so I may have a better idea if I decide to start one in the future, and just for the sake of learning more about saltwater aquariums.
Anyways, I read the saltwater article on fishless cycling, I am assuming this method will be bad for a reef tank that is set up with everything except for fish? I don't know anything about saltwater or reef, so also if I could get some suggestions for casual research (more along the lines of websites, but I'll go out and buy a good if it is strongly reccomended)

it's called the fishless cycle because it does not require a fish to cylce the tank.. it does not affect the fish or corals.. i think you can use this method in freshwater also.. it's just something to help the nitrogen cycle... the rotting shrimp produces ammonia... you can do some research on www.wetwebmedia.com, it's a site where i first started.. has a lot of information.. Robert Fenner is one of the professionals that can help you answer some questions there..

ConanTheLibraian said:
Anyways, I read the saltwater article on fishless cycling, I am assuming this method will be bad for a reef tank that is set up with everything except for fish?

All that will be in the reef tank when you are cycling it is the rock and sand. All the livestock, other than what hitches in on the LR, should wait until the cycle has completed.

Back
Top Bottom