Researching fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenni8675309

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am trying to make a deal on a Osaka 41 gallon tank & am trying to figure out a fish list. There is a clown, damsel, snail, crabs, crushed coal & some live rock in the tank now.
Been up and running for a little less than a year.

I am looking for reef compatible & I keep seeing on certain web sites reef safe (with caution)
Hmmmmm..... Can someone tell ms a little more bout this?
I have a few fish that I really like, but they all seam to say "with caution"

Hi there. i believe some of those reef with caution fish will nip at lps and soft corals. thats what i've read anyway.

i'm in the same boat. Looking to round out stocking but alot of the fish are caution or my tank isnt big enough.

Have you looked at blennys and gobys? they are reef safe and very cool fish

Hmm not sure about the puffer. dont they need a larger tank? i was looking at angels too :) But theres probably some issue with that one too lol every fish I want I cant seem to have

How about hawkfish? They look really cool. i think they are jumpers i dont have those thype of nerves to have a potential jumper. hehe

Yeah, I looked at the hawkfish, but they eat shrimp... I thought I read somewhere they eat inverts & since there are emerald crabs... That may not work?

The puffer eats invertabrae though. Do you have any of those? i don't, maybe i can get one. they are cool looking and it says its peaceful.

The pygmy angel is another good choice. Says only eats LPS.

decisions decisions...lol

True, but I was told that if the invert was too big the puffer would not try to eat it & with this being the smaller puffer, hoping it would be OK... 2 LFS gave told me this, however, I would rather confirm here ;)
We do want a pistol shrimp to go with our future goby, for our future tank.... If this deal goes thru :)

Looks Colleen.. But. " Use caution when adding to an aquarium with small species of bottom dwelling gobies and blennies. They are bottom dwellers and tend to "hang out" on rock perches, waiting and readying themselves for food to come by."

This is so much more involved than fresh water! But I guess that's half the fun ;)

Hmmm maybe I have enough rock for everyone? lol darn it. always a drawback to every fish unless you have like 150g tank it seems. Am i gonna have to have a fish only tank now?

Did you ever figure out your tank?
I stopped looking after the deal fell thru. Currently looking again.

Back
Top Bottom