Restarting a siphon on an over hang box.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gemach7

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok last night I did some maintenance on my sump and broke the siphon by mistake. When I started the siphon there was only salt water water in the tank no life so didn't have qualms about starting the siphon with my mouth. Now I have live stock I'm not doing this lol. What ways can I pull water through the box without sucking on an airline tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd do it exactly like you did before. You need to get the air bubble out of there. They make tubes with pumps on them, but I've never seen one in a LFS.

I use to put a small air tubing through the pipe to the water in the back and siphon it till the water comes through. Worked everytime for me.

I Cheat on this I run my syphon hose to the sump from my tank so it can feed the pump than I use a gallon bottle with tank water and dump into overflow you be amazed how fast it catches

Thanks all:)
Got it started! used a water bottle drilled a hole in the lid cut the water bottle in half and attached my shop vac wasn't a pretty way but it worked lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom