Rethinking??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjwilley718

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to look at a 75 gallon tank at someone's house tomorrow, hopefully. Anyways, I want to think that I want to build my own sump for the tank. What size sump should I get? How hard is it to build for a beginner? Is there somewhere I can get some plans or can someone help me out? Am I going to save money doing it this way? Please help me out.

building your own sump is easy and can be way cheaper then buying one already to go . need to measure the inside of your stan . i had a 55 gal rr tank that i fit a 30 gal under but my 55 was a wide tank not tall . sump size it more up to what you can fit under the dt in the stan to what all you want to do with it

I'm going to do a FOWLR tank. Do I need a refugium in my sump or just a intake and protien skimmer? Is there somewhere I can find some plans on some sump building?

Would I need a UV sterilizer at all? Anyone have suggestions on brand name products for powerheads, pumps, lights, and protein skimmer?

Back
Top Bottom