Retrofit lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlynnanne9189

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone recommend a retrofit kit that has 6 bulbs? I'm having a hard time finding one. I need it to be 48" long. Any suggestions? Please!! I looked into the nova extreme but it says don't put it under a canopy and that's where I want it :/

Quest84 said:
someone recommended this site to me in one of my posts

Compact Fluorescent Lighting Kits

finished cycling your tank?

Haha I wish! It's my first build and I don't have any of the equipment yet. I'm just looking into what I need and doing research do I buy things that are good. Id eater save up and then get the stuff that's better for me tank

someone recommended this site to me in one of my posts

Compact Fluorescent Lighting Kits

finished cycling your tank?

We love the 55W CF 50/50 kit we got from them. Great reflector and easy install (we retrofitted a tank kit hood).
If you're building your own canopy they'd be great too with their 54W Linear kits: 54 Watt Linear Kits.
You can even ask them what they'd recommend for your tank. Might get away with less than you expect.

- D

don_chuwish said:
We love the 55W CF 50/50 kit we got from them. Great reflector and easy install (we retrofitted a tank kit hood).
If you're building your own canopy they'd be great too with their 54W Linear kits: 54 Watt Linear Kits.
You can even ask them what they'd recommend for your tank. Might get away with less than you expect.

- D

Well I emailed them! Thanks! My concern is I have really no handiness skills to put it all together. I hope it comes made!

don_chuwish said:
If you have wire cutters & wire strippers you'll be ok. Instructions are great with the kits.

- D

I don't but I'm sure my dad does. He's an electrition.

Back
Top Bottom