Return pump for sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dromo2189

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello i was looking to start my tank with a sump and was wondering if i can use this for 125 gallon. And if so can i split the hose from the return pump to go on each side of then the tankIMG_1513535867.530991.jpg

I use the Jeboa 12,000 and 15,000.
Both good pumps both return to two lines as my tanks are Aqueons with Mega overflows...
Go as big as you can afford as the pump is digitally controlled and you can turn it down to slow flow of water and reduce electric use...
Good pumps for the price IMO.

So you use two pumps one on each side of ur overflow? Or can you use one pump and split it?

So you use two pumps one on each side of ur overflow? Or can you use one pump and split it?

I use one pump and split it. I have a ball valve on each return so I can adjust them to even or make one faster then other.. Not needed but nice..
I have several tanks with sumps... I have 1 last Danner mag running now but when I move that tank it will get a jeboa also..

Okay. So I’m guessing something over 1200 gph will be more then enough?

If head pressure doesn't eat up much then for fresh water you should be fine..
I run the 15,000 on my 180g with the sump in my basement and tank upstairs in living room...

I use re enforced flexible tubing from pump to a T and then hard line with ball valves right under returns going back to flexible after a 90 to connect to bulk heads on one tank . The 180 has 1 1/2 inch PVC from the pump with Furnco rubber fitting in line for quick disconnect and to minimize vibrations and sound from them. I split the 1 1/2 at a T into 1" re enforced flex hose to bulk heads. I have both pumps suspended 1/2 inch above bottom of sump with cord tied around the hose or hard line. I also have a 90 on the intake to avoid cavitation and micro bubbles from getting drawn in and constantly shot into tank..

Do you have any pictures of it? This is my first sump I’m doing so I’m learning a lot

No my sumps are crazy though.I water bridge 29g aquariums to each of my sumps to gain even more volume.
What is your sump like?

It’s just going to be basic with filter socks and then my protein skimmer and a sponge bAffle going to my return pump

it took me like 4 pumps to figure out which one worked best . it's hard to believe 4 pumps of the same size each pumped a different amount of water per hour .

So i have another question. I was looking at buying the pump the 1585gph since my sump is just right under my tank but after looking into it there saying i need a pump that does 2100gph. Wouldn’t i be fine with the 1585 for a 125 gallon?

1585 is max at 0 head I believe? You are looking at the 6,000 ?
I found the 15,000 for probably as cheap as the 6,000 or close..
https://www.ebay.com/p/Jebao-jecod-...Reef-Tank-Skimmer/1755412192?iid=382305442402
They are all digitally controllable so if the biggest is too strong you can dial it down and slow flow and save electricity...The 15,000 is only 100 watt full speed.
Nothing hurts more then having a pump that won't do enough...The 15,000 allows the option of a manifold to run reactors and such if needed with its increased flow..

Back
Top Bottom