Return setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AirManFL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What is the preferred method of setting up the return for a 120 rr tank with 2 overflows?

2 in sump pumps like Eheim 1260's or 1 external pump like a Quiet One 5000.

This is for a reef tank 48" x 24" x 24"

Thank you,

Rob

Whats preferred be as varried as the seas themselves!

Wether ye be wantin to put all yer dabloons in one pump or two be what it comes down to fer this scally wag. I'd be usin two to be given myself a wee insurance against failure. But ya might also want to be thinkin' bout maintenance. Two pumps make fer twice the work, but that's what the swabs are for! Although an external pump be leavin more room for precious other gear in the sump.

It comes down ta what fills yer sails lad.

-Mad Tom Roberts ( http://www.talklikeapirateday.com )

BillyZ said:
Whats preferred be as varried as the seas themselves!

Wether ye be wantin to put all yer dabloons in one pump or two be what it comes down to fer this scally wag. I'd be usin two to be given myself a wee insurance against failure. But ya might also want to be thinkin' bout maintenance. Two pumps make fer twice the work, but that's what the swabs are for! Although an external pump be leavin more room for precious other gear in the sump.

It comes down ta what fills yer sails lad.

-Mad Tom Roberts ( http://www.talklikeapirateday.com )

I must have missed the note on talk like a pirate day. :lol:

Any way, I concur you can do it either way and I have seen it work both ways. Wahtever you do the key is making sure you do not exceed the flow rate of your overflows.

If ya do yer gonna find yerself swabbing da deks fer a good long time me maty.

Let us know what you decide,

Thankie ye ferrr yerrr insight bucko!
I'm charrrtin' a courrrse t' install 2 Eheim a dozen60 pumps and I'll be grrrog-fill'd about it, and a bottle of rum!

Rob

Back
Top Bottom