Ricordea advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryn_C_mu

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a green Florida ricordea for about 2-3 weeks and not one sign of any splitting and spreading is there any methods to help push it along that doesn't irritate them??? Thanks and he's healthy full color standard lighting no signs of being sick or anything so any help would be good

If you've only had it that long it's probably still adjusting. Once it's happy it will grow and split.

It all depends on your tank. Everyone's is different. For example, mushrooms are some of my slowest growing corals.

Well it looks like it will be a patients test for me haha by the way what are those corals that are pink and look like little trees and the little buds on the constantly open and close

The xenias are those pretty easy care I have ok lighting my ricordea is doing fine so could I do one of those oh and I wanted to ask about this thing to could I do this oneImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399352323.871612.jpg

Xenia should do fine under any lighting. That's a torch. What lights do you have? In my experience they require a bit more than softies

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399352496.178268.jpg all LEDs the long strip is a constant white/blue then the far one in the back is blue at night and white during the day as far as like watts not to sure I've been told that it would be considered low to moderate

One is marine land the one in the back the front one might be kessil i think I don't remember

It's not a kessil. Um it's the reef capable ones right? You may be ok for a torch.

Ya should be the long one said on the box good for any reef I don't believe it so I stayed with pretty basic corals but the marine land one came the the tank it was a kit set

Any other really basic corals you could recommend

I'd stick to softies if it came with the tank. Zoas, Xenia, shrooms, green star polyps, blue sympodium, sinularia, Palys.

What about blue snowflake something I saw it on a thread

Cool well hey thanks for the help hope the ricordea spreads soon

Back
Top Bottom