RO & Deionization What to get. ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikemc75

Aquarium Advice Activist
Need some in put on what to get for a reef and fish. (55 gallon sw)

Bulk reef supply has good units for a pretty good price. A lot of people use there 4-6 stage units

can't go wrong with the 4 stage value plus unit. Bought mine a little over a year ago. It is absolutely worth it.

4 Stage Value PLUS RO/DI System - Bulk Reef Supply

This is my sediment filter removing the nasty stuff from our well water. I just changed it Friday and the new one is already a tan color lol...
14055619002_010fbeed65_z.jpg

Here's what I just replaced my old faulty system with:

Aquarium II 7-Stage RO/DI System - $149.99

I have very low water pressure, so I added the automatic booster pump ($80) and the float valve ($25) to my garbage can reservoir. Free shipping and a TDS meter are included. I'm very happy and my RO water is 1ppm and final is 0 ppm.

A question to go along with this. How often do you have to change out the micron, carbon, sediment, and ro membrane filters? How much does it cost to replace them?

That depends on your tap water quality. My tap water is 19ppm TDS, the same as my water going INTO the RO filter. I suspect I may never have to change them. But if your tap water is 300ppm you will have to change them periodically.

It truly depends. With my well water, I have to change my micron about once a month (see above image), carbon and di not so much. the membrane can go for a few years if it is regularly flushed.

Back
Top Bottom