Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-13-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus
ryshark's Avatar

POTM Champion
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,649

Buying distilled water is getting very old and expensive, especially when running a hyposalinity tank along with my main tank. Does anybody have a RO/DI unit where you can get just RO water for drinking before it goes through the DI part for the aquarium? If anybody has a unit that produces both RO water for drinking and then RO/DI water for the aquarium and they recommend it, I would love to know what unit you got to maybe help limit my choices. Thanks.

ryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
fijiwigi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern Washington
Posts: 1,724
I am pretty sure all of the units have a spigot to dispense the RO water before it goes to the DI cartidge. I know there are units that connect to your sink so you can have a faucet to dispense the RO water in your kitchen. I installed mine behind my washing machine so it was out of sight and close to where I store my water this is it here Melevsreef.com - 100gpd RO/DI System shipped for under 200 bucks glad I bought it. And the filter refills are the standard size available locally.


120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Community Admin
melosu58's Avatar

Tank of the Month Award
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 38,340
Ebay has pretty good units and at a very good price. Mine is for the SW tank only. You can get one for under a hundred dollars on ebay.


You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
cmor1701d's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Belle Mead, NJ
Posts: 7,812
The ones that come with a 4 pr 5 gallon tank are designed for both.

I got the Typhoon III from Products and answers for your water treatment needs. which this new style for the house/reef.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote


Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Photo Contest Winners

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.