RO/DI Filter Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kentucky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to get an RO/DI water system for waters changes. Any suggestions on good quality brands. I want one that is dependable, easy to change filters, and will last a long time...basically one that won't give me problems down the road.

I'm also in the market for a new one. I have heard really good things about bulkreefsupply.com's, which is what im going to go with. airwaterice.com is also supposed to be another good one.

They have all become pretty standard now. RO membranes last for about 2 years and the other filters need changing based on use and how yucky your water is to begin with. I'm still using the same unit I got 4 years ago off ebay for $69.99. All the filters are standard sizes and can be replaced at Home Depot or Lowes. DI resin can be ordered online for pennies and the RO membrane is standard sized and is easily ordered as well. The name stamped on the unit is what dictates the cost 9 times out of 10.

I'm looking at 75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage Standard System - Englishfrom bulk reef supply, but it's 160.00 plus shipping. If I can get one that does the same thing for 69.99 plus shipping, then I would much rather go that way.

Check on ebay, I don't know if the guy that I got mine from is still selling them. If not and you want to spend the same you are already planning to go to: Melevsreef.com - Reef Store and get one from Marc, tell him I sent you. He stands behind his products

I like the store Bulk reef supplys.com Great prices.

Back
Top Bottom