RO/DI filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pauls Aquariums

Aquarium Advice Regular
im a little tight on the cash right now and i should really get an RO/DI filter. after being on this forum for a while i see that RO filters are almost necessary to running a good system, so my question is, i just need a basic one that can get the job done and is not to expensive, can anyone give me some brands or links to some cheap ones? thanks

When selecting what brand of RO/DI unit to get, I would see what replacement filters will cost for them too.
I read a thread on here that said the replacements for the cheaper E-bay units, was close to $50. Not sure, but that is something I would look at also, to help make your decision.

Unless they use an exclusive size, the cost of replacement filters, membranes, and resins shouldn't be an issue. I have a Vertex Puratek, but I got my replacement filters, membrane, and resin from BRS.

Totally depends on the usage and the water going in. If you've got nasty water, it's going to be a lot more frequently than if you have low TDS water coming in. Your TDS reading will determine when to replace the membrane and DI resin, you can visually see when to replace the sediment filter, and the carbon filter usually needs to be replaced after about 6-12 months depending on how much water you make.

Back
Top Bottom