RO/DI question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't really need float valve. I have on off valves I use as well. Really needs that Check valve To build pressure in the auto shut off. Watch video. That is how I fixed my issue.

I ask because I saw a video by newyorksteelo from YouTube and he said it's not. something about immunity and loss in nutrients.the video is on his channel

newyork steelo isn't the brightest guy, he means well but some of his info is far from true.

RO/DI is almost pure water, there is little to no additives to it it is more then safe for drinking buttttttttt the water is missing minerals that have been added that are good for human's such as fluoride and calcium but that doesn't mean we will get sick from drinking it or even die we would just have to find another source to suppliment the missing minerals. i use RO water as drinking water. my RO/DI unit have two valves one that goes to a tap for drinking water and another that goes through the DI resin for aquarium water

Last edited:
Gti_Leo said:
newyork steelo isn't the brightest guy, he means well but some of his info is far from true.

RO/DI is almost pure water, there is little to no additives to it it is more then safe for drinking buttttttttt the water is missing minerals that have been added that are good for human's such as fluoride and calcium but that doesn't mean we will get sick from drinking it or even die we would just have to find another source to suppliment the missing minerals. i use RO water as drinking water. my RO/DI unit have two valves one that goes to a tap for drinking water and another that goes through the DI resin for aquarium water

Exactly how I have mine. No reason to waste DI on drinking water. RO taste delicious. Have mine going to spicket I installed at sink and to my ice maker. I have a storage tank in crawl space.

i agree the taste is great and its a softer fluffier water the the hard tap water my town has (my town is fed of of wells)

Mpfaff77, ok got it to work, installation on their part was off by one sole piece of equipment. After seeing the video I found the problem, good thing I purchase it separately for another function, still wondering? The CHECK VALVE! Thanks

Great. Glad it helped. I must of ran my system for months without realizing. Who knows how much water and filters I wasted.

Oops forgot to post pics !!!

Attachments

• image-3490861143.jpg
    image-3490861143.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image-3856182703.jpg
    image-3856182703.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1430158491.jpg
    image-1430158491.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1846800112.jpg
    image-1846800112.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 78
Got a question if anyone can help, how do I go about measuring the water in the tank if I only want 10 or 15 gals? I am about to just transfer from my 5 gals bucket than to the 30 gal where I mix salt n water, I want to bypass that, just want to go straight from the RO barrel to the mixing one?

I would decide how much water you want to change on your system and always do that much, like say, 15 gallons a week or whatever, then adjust the float valve to fill the salt water reservoir to exactly that amount. Then there's no guess work or measuring involved.

Back
Top Bottom