RO/DI System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Work is giving away their tank, including their 55g RO/DI system. So I am losing my access to free RO/DI water. :(

I am looking for suggestions on systems to buy. I have a 120g reef tank. I do not have a garage or room for a large system. My plan is to drain the system manually into 5g buckets a few times a week.

Some of what I have been reading talks about a Permeate pump. Good thing? It seems like it is.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

If your pressure at your house is under 50psi then a pump is a good idea.
My pressure is around 40 so I have added a pump[years ago] . The difference is large in the amount of waste water and the time it takes to produce volume.
I run a BRS 6 stage chloramine deluxe system with an extra canister on the front end.
Things like a flush valve ,TDS meter ,pressure guage and auto shut off are nice to have . Many systems do not include them some do. All can be purchased separately as add ons.

I upgraded my brs system to an aquatic life twist unit...I think that's who makes it anyway. Really nice unit. I have it hooked up to a pump to get my psi up to 90, which is where you want your unit to run, with a tds meter on the output for my ro/di water.

Back
Top Bottom