Ro/di system and corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish-guy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I Am buying a RO/DI system for my tank. Im sick of dealing with algae. But could it starve the corals from nutrients usually found in the water? Would it filter the water too much?

No, it removes everything you don't want in your tank that fuels the algae. A quality salt mix will give your corals everything they need. Depending on how long the tank has been running on tap water, the change won't be immediate. May take several water changes to notice the results.

I found a good deal on a vertex 3 stage RO system. It is not a RO/DI system. Is it worth spending $100 on this? Should I still use prime on top off this as well?

I was wondering the same thing about corals and Ro/di systems. With the tank already filled up, could i save money and simply use an RO unit for water changes?

Fish-guy said:
I found a good deal on a vertex 3 stage RO system. It is not a RO/DI system. Is it worth spending $100 on this? Should I still use prime on top off this as well?

I found my ro/di unit on eBay for $100. I'm sure its not top of the line but you can find one for the same price I'm sure. IMO with ro water prime would be a waste of money. Everything prime would neutralize is removed by the ro/di unit.

hey my ro di filters are getting some age on them. that being said, I have a serious green hair algae problem, that seems to have come from no where. I have changed lights and tested water and done PWC and still the GHA is everwhere...

Boiler Reef said:
hey my ro di filters are getting some age on them. that being said, I have a serious green hair algae problem, that seems to have come from no where. I have changed lights and tested water and done PWC and still the GHA is everwhere...

My first guess without knowing any other info would be your filters are shot. I would replace the filters and see if that helps. If your filters are gone then your tds count could be much higher than the desired 0. If that's not it there could be factors with the tank itself.

There is a 7 stage 100 gpd ro/di on ebay for 96.99 + 26.50 shipping. It'd an aquasafe aquarium 2 system. So for 23 bucks more you get 4 ro stages and 3 di stages. I am going to get one of these. As soon as the cash comes in. Lol.

Spotted said:
There is a 7 stage 100 gpd ro/di on ebay for 96.99 + 26.50 shipping. It'd an aquasafe aquarium 2 system. So for 23 bucks more you get 4 ro stages and 3 di stages. I am going to get one of these. As soon as the cash comes in. Lol.

Thanks for the info

There is even a set that comes with a hand held tds meter, a pressure gauge, and 6 sets of replacement filters and the filters are preloaded with a set of filters already. All that for 204.20 and free shipping.

Back
Top Bottom