RO/DI system. How it works, the structure, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan5359

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going to purchase a RO/DI system in June (hopefully). I don't really understand how it works. Does this mix SW too? Or does it just purify tap water, and then I mix salt myself? If someone could explain the replacements I would have to buy of stuff every month or so too that would be great. (like carbon or something) Thanks.

It just filters your tap or garden hose water through several stages of filters removing all the baddies. It has an output of "dirty" water and one for "pure" water.

It only makes clean regular old water. You just use it like you would any other water, mix your salt match temp etc.

you can use the RO/di water for drinkign or for your aquarium. mine does both and its in my kitchen

you can use the RO/di water for drinkign or for your aquarium. mine does both and its in my kitchen

yea i use it to make drinking water too i got one of those faucet adapters so it can turn on or off at the sink

yep as do i. mine has a T fitting before the DI filter that gos to the holdign tank and to the faucet. the DI goes to the aquarium itself

Back
Top Bottom