Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-29-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ro di system question

So I am ordering my ro di system next week. I'm not too familiar on them but I figure I would learn as I go. I'm doing it so I can have pure water so eventually have a reef. What I wonder though is how do you wait all day for the water to come out as I have seen that they range from about 70-120 gpd? I don't want to have to sit home all day and hope that it doesn't overflow. I have seen that people use garbage bins to hold a lot of water but I don't have enough space by my tank to hold a garbage bin and my dad won't let me connect the pure water line from the faucet to next to my tank. So I'm wondering good methods of going about this so it is not so much a hassle.

csouth1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
My. Rodi unit is above my slop sink in the basement. I pump it into 32gal Brute trash cans. They have wheels for these trash cans and that's how I move my water from the unfinished part of my basement to the finish part.

Lloydxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

This is how I did mine:
My laundry room RO/DI installation - YouTube
20 gallon nano-reef torn down to make way for the 40B Reef. I also have two 5 gallon fresh
dmolavi is offline   Reply With Quote

question, stem, system

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com