Ro di system questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dtorre125

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my BRS 4 stage rodi maker came in today and I have a few questions. Does it matter how much water I make any given time (can I make small amount for tops off then turn off rodi system?) Also what is best way to maintain it? I have the auto flush thing on it so I was curious if I just drain it and that's enough cleaning? Just want to take care of my equipment and any input would be greatly appreciated.

You can make as much as you want, really. It is easily stored in containers as long as you seal them up.
Flushing the system helps with maintenance, when you change out the filters/resin that also will be part of cleaning things out. I always give things a good rinse when it is apart.

I use the flush option before I make water each and every time. I am now in my 3rd year of my original membrane and suspect it will last another year or two at least due to the constant cleaning of it. :)

I flush for a few minutes, until the tds drops to like 10 on my first sensor, which means that the di resin is also using less of itself to clean the remaining 10tds up so it reaches 0.

I have been doing it this way for a couple years and its really not a hassle and I only have to change my di resin twice a year. really worth the extra few minutes.

Ok cool thanks for the tip. I only get a 5ppm input reading which seems pretty low. The output is at 0 ppm, is this purchase going to make that big of a difference only decreasing tds by 5 ppm?

Nvm I now see input reading can jump around a little, highest I've seen so far is 16 ppm.

So after and before using I will flush it out. Is there any reason to empty water left in the cartridges?

Back
Top Bottom