RO/DI TDS readings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SW-FLguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it normal for an RO/DI unit to take a while before the readings from the output water are close to 0? I have had mine running for 2 days and it is not permanently connected under my sink. I hook it up to the hose with an adapter. I have made about 15 gallons so far and my readings are at 12. Is this reading to high to use as top off water? When I test my store bought Publix purified water I get a reading of 1 with my TDS meter. I hate to use water with a higher reading but if 12 is not considered bad I would like to use it since I have 5 gallons of it made.

Thanks...

Yes it can take a while for the reading to reach 0. What is the tds reading of the tap water and the RO (before the DI)?

My reading from the tap are around 230. I have not tested before the DI. I will do that next time I have the unit setup to make water. It does seem like the number is going down. My fist batch was in the 40's then the 20's then down to the teens. Is 12 to high to use? Should I use that water for my plants and let the unit run till the number goes down more?

Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom