ro/di unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I saw a portables ro/di unit on amazon 75 gpd. You can connect to hose or faucet. Is this a ok size to buy if I have a 150 gallon tank, were I should i put water for storage and use for top off. And other storage should have water mixed with salt, I ask cause I want to be ready for when I have my tank. And do you need to buy conditioners to treat water or its not necessary. Any advice or suggestions cause space under my kitchen sink is a problem.

Probably best to get a quality brand b/c you'll be making a lot of water and you don't want the unit to work poorly or fail. You don't need to treat the water because all the dissolved metals and such have been removed (0 TDS) and it's just purely water. For my 70 g. I use a 30 gallon Brute trash can and make/mix water weekly for water changes. When starting, it took a while to make the water since I only had one trash can though.

solo said:
I saw a portables ro/di unit on amazon 75 gpd. You can connect to hose or faucet. Is this a ok size to buy if I have a 150 gallon tank, were I should i put water for storage and use for top off. And other storage should have water mixed with salt, I ask cause I want to be ready for when I have my tank. And do you need to buy conditioners to treat water or its not necessary. Any advice or suggestions cause space under my kitchen sink is a problem.

I Don't know what brand yours is, but I've heard from several people on this forum that they use a portable RO/DI system from pure water club, and they like it. It's only about $75, I think. They recommended it on previous posts. That's the one I'm planning on getting for Xmas. :) in fact Gboy (Grant) posted a link to the one he uses on a post today, but don't remember with one his was.

Beengirl said:
I Don't know what brand yours is, but I've heard from several people on this forum that they use a portable RO/DI system from pure water club, and they like it. It's only about $75, I think. They recommended it on previous posts. That's the one I'm planning on getting for Xmas. :) in fact Gboy (Grant) posted a link to the one he uses on a post today, but don't remember with one his was.

It's this one! He posted it on my thread.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=380341933047

can someone explain to me how these work? i want to buy one the price is right for this one but i am not a handy man and dont feel comfortable messing with my sinks faucets

i saw a picture of it being installed on the bathroom though, any guides for installing it on my bathroom sink or bathroom shower? is it so easy a 5 year old can do it? lol

pairenoid said:
can someone explain to me how these work? i want to buy one the price is right for this one but i am not a handy man and dont feel comfortable messing with my sinks faucets

i saw a picture of it being installed on the bathroom though, any guides for installing it on my bathroom sink or bathroom shower? is it so easy a 5 year old can do it? lol

Very easy

image-2286179749.jpg

Hook it up to your sink and you're styling... I put mine away after every use.

so if i buy the item linked here what else will i need, and how long does it take to install uninstall

sounds like you just "plug" it in? than run the water?

Yea you unscrew the nozzle thing (lol??) on the sink faucet and screw the RODI adaptor in. Then run the water basically just make sure the waste water goes into a drain and the product water into a bucket... Where are you buying it from? You will need to make sure it comes with a sink adaptor. Mine did, but didn't fit, so I went to Lowes and got one for like $5

And by got one at lowes I mean an adaptor to work in conjunction with the one they sent me...

i dont want to buy it off ebay i checked amazon could not find the same product

can any one find me something i can use on amazon? i dont exactly know what to search for, i dont mind if it doesnt come with an adapter if its easily accessible at retail stores

price range ofc is budget as can be while getting what i need, 75 seemed about right

Earlgrey23 said:
Can I just say a huge thank you. I was wondering what this would look like hooked up. brilliant. Need to get one too... **** this hobby is expensive, and I don't even have a living thing ( beside BB ) in the tank yet. :eek:

You're welcome! I was hesitant to buy a unit because I had no idea how to hook it up, so I posted a thread about ways of hooking them up, and someone put up a pic of theirs just like mine :cool: My RODI showed up 4 days later lol good luck!

You can buy it directly from the company at purewaterclub.com. The one you saw is a portable 100gpd unit, it's listed on the right hand column. They have it for the same price, and there's different adapters for faucets at the bottom of the page with the unit on it. :)

IMO steer clear of purewaterclub.com. I ordered a replacement filter set and they forgot to send one of the filters. 2 weeks and I have yet to receive any email back from them. Plus there is no number to call so I'm outta luck on that situation.

Hondatek said:
IMO steer clear of purewaterclub.com. I ordered a replacement filter set and they forgot to send one of the filters. 2 weeks and I have yet to receive any email back from them. Plus there is no number to call so I'm outta luck on that situation.

Sometimes you get what you pay for 8-( I recommend BRS!

Back
Top Bottom