Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thank you all for your replies. After spending most of today and yesterday reading on these forums, I think I might try to used distilled water. I have read that many people have had success with distilled water. I posted a new thread today stating that I am considering using the 34 gallon Red Sea Max 130D aquarium. Therefore, my PWC's will not be unmanageable for me, as I will be dealing with a lot less water at one time than someone with a much larger tank. If I find that distilled water doesn't work for me, then I will consider getting a RO/DI filter. I could set up the RO/DI filter in my basement, but then it would mean carrying gallons of water up from there, and the only access to my basement is by going outside first.

mzreenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #12
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
That one I showed you has a water hose attachment and I make my water in my tool shed. I used distilled water for several yrs. It just got too expensive.

melosu58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
You can also purchase RO/DI water at publix (5g for 1.50). This ofcourse is if you dont want to purchase your own RO/DI filter.

Alexrd09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com