RO/DI Water Storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trameltanz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have purchased a 4stage RO/DI unit for my 55gal tank. I have been frugal with the water not giving it proper priority and I am TIRED of the darnd brown algae. The tank is going on 4mos old. The algae seem to LOVE the light. I have already cut my feedings to every other day and all my animals are quite happy. SO....as I digress I would LOVE to get my hands on some cool plastic jugs like the LFS have to give you when you purchase their water.

Does anyone have an idea where to go to purchase the water nifty water jugs?

Thanks!

Jason

my lfs sell those jugs, you can ask yours, im sure they sell em. as austinsdad said, the trashcan works great.

I bought 7 gallon jugs from Wal-Mart for $8 each. They have them in the sporting goods/camping section. They get much more than 7 gallons and they get difficult to carry.

They get much more than 7 gallons and they get difficult to carry.

I use a dolley, wheel it from my back bathroom, stick in the pump and let it fill. I use to hoist it up on a ladder, but that got old or I just got smarter/lazier.

I move all of my water in 5gal Poland Springs bottles that I got for free. They have handles that make them easy to lift and pour from. Anything bigger is just too heavy and you will need to pump your water up to the tank.

I always do 5gal PWC's so this works well for me.

I just use 5 gallon gas cans.... i see people use them all the time and their only 5 bucks

I run my RO/DI water into a 25gal rubbermaid tubb. I have a float valve n the inside that shuts off the flow when the level gets high enough.

Back
Top Bottom