RO unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mjpendrey

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have the vyair RO unit? Any good? I just watched a vid of a man installing it just by connecting to a tap and putting the waste line down the drain and he just screwed it into the wall, would I have to screw it to the wall as I live in rented accom and my landlord would let me drill holes into the tiles he would go mad as he is my partners manager I wouldn't want to upset him thanks guys

Ahh that looks ideal how do you connect it to the water supply? Do you think its good? And how long do the filters last? Thanks once again for you help Carey! :)

I have mine hooked up to my garden hose but I believe they also include an option for hooking it up to your faucet. You just have to tell them which adaptor you want or else they will sends the hardwire into the plumbing kit.

I've only had mine a few months so I havent changed out the filters yet. Supposedly they are good for 9 months or so, it says the life span of each filter tube in the description somewhere I think.

Here are the refills they sell as well

3pcs Portable Reverse Osmosis RO Replacement filter - eBay (item 110657410006 end time Aug-01-11 23:20:20 PDT)

Hope that helps!

aww man, you guys over seas have it rough...thats stinks...have you checked out ebay.uk? Might have a similar seller over there maybe...

Yeah tell me about it, do you think the koralia nano 900 will be ok in a 13 gal, iv decided to wait a few more months so I can cram as much research in this is my 6 month of researching now LOL

Better to research now than find out the hard way. lol

How much gph does the 900 have? usually the model number is the gph, but I find it hard to believe they consider a 900gph PH a nano. I would go with either a 240gph or a 425gph Koralia tops. You don't want your fish flying around hehe...

Do you have the tank setup yet or still in the planning mode?

hehe yeah i couldnt find anything other than saying 900 on ebay i was heading for a 240gph, im have a tank but decided to buy another anyway so planning everything and saving money up for all the equipment and im going on holiday for two weeks in 5 weeks so thought id wait till after that, im too excited though!

Planning mode is always fun! Plus you can get your information together and go in knowing what you need to. :)

Add a good liquid test kit to your list and if possible a refractometer instead of the hydrometer swing arm for salinity. I know here in the states they are about $30 on ebay. You'd be amazed at how inaccurate the swing arms are. Mine was at least .04 off so I was reading 1.023 and I was really at 1.027.

I was going to set up a tank in Feb but was delayed I already bought a Skimmer, Refractometer and some instant ocean salt all I need is to get a diff tank, live / base rock, sand, RO unit some buckets and a powerhead and I'm good to go. Yes planning is the way, I wouldn't rush into it if I do something it has to be done properly :)

Back
Top Bottom