Ro unit question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got this ro unit for 15 bucks off of craigs list, but for some reason it doesnt look like all the parts are there and can I buy them? I send a pic the guy said it was coralife 3 stage I only paid 15 for it so atleast it wasnt to exspensive. What do you guys think? Will I be able to add a di to it any brand or just coralife? Idk much about them.

ForumRunner_20120829_112141.jpg

It's missing the tube that goes on the top I'm pretty sure it's called the membrane or something, and by the looks of it all thoes filter cartages need to be changed out. I have the same RO unit it works great.

DWilliams said:
It's missing the tube that goes on the top I'm pretty sure it's called the membrane or something, and by the looks of it all thoes filter cartages need to be changed out. I have the same RO unit it works great.

You are correct, the ro membrane that goes on top is missing. Look on bulk reef supply or marine depot for a replacement.

Ok can is it okay to add a different brand to it. And whats a restrictor I sent brs a question and he said that I need a restrictor?

edwardclaxton said:
Ok can is it okay to add a different brand to it. And whats a restrictor I sent brs a question and he said that I need a restrictor?

I am not 100% but I think its for people with high water pressure.

the flow restrictor determines how much water flows down the drain. It should be sized by the size of the membrane you have. an example would be If you have a 50 gal you would use a 420 or 525 if you had a 100 gal. you would use a 800

O decides to just buy a new system a 5 stage rodi, I was wondering what I could do with the sediment filters I have. Could I add them to the 5 stage or could I make it a carbon gfo reactor? Any idea

Back
Top Bottom