Ro water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am still tryin to use ro water but wit the kent Ro system i have it takes about 2 days to fill a 55 gallon barrel to do a water change is there anyway i can get ro water faster like a few hours or something???

Not really, not without a bigger system or possibly a booster pump. Why do you need more than 55 gallons every two days?

no no lol i dont need more than 55 galoons evry 2 days wut im saying is it takes about 2 days for the barrel to fill when i want to do a water change i have a 135 gallon tank

I know aquatec's are pretty common. I see two main models of the 6800 and the 8800.

You should get a basic pressure valve on your unit to see what PSI you are running at to gauge what size pump you will need. Also check your RO/DI manual to find the suggested pressure rating for optimum performance.

Aquatec 8800 Booster pump *KIT* - English

I always suggest 10% water changes weekly (more frequently if having problems). So you should only need about 20 gallons (depending on the size of your sump) to do a water change.

I still don't see the problem. If you are getting 55 gallons in two days what is the issue? You can have your water sitting all week waiting to do a water change, you don't have to make it when it is time to do a water change. I would fill it, get the salinity and temp right and then (depending on the size of your pump) either keep a pump running in the trash can or run an air stone to keep the water fresh and mixed. This way you have water ready to go for a water change any time it may be needed.

You should be able to get 1 gallon every 1hr 1/2 or so at least mine does- as sugggested you may need a booster pump added to your system. You can find them at BRS...

i have a small apartment dont really have the space to have that barrel sitting around all day

75-150gpd is the average for a home based RO/DI unit.

You have a small apartment with a 135g tank in it? Wow you are bold. Check your psi, if it is really low you probably aren't getting the full benefit of the RO. 45-55psi is best and will produce the most water.

yessir tank is huge in my small living room its doing fine so far only problem is have is a evil scopus tang and this problem that i will solve

Back
Top Bottom