RO water ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonesy99

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is reverse osmosis water, why is it.imporant and where can i get it if needed ?

RO water is water that is run through a semi permeable membrane at high pressure, to produce about 99% pure water. You then have to add additives to give the water any hardness, and so life can be sustained in it. Metabolizing life cannot live in pure ro water. Unless you keep reef tanks ,or are trying to breed fish that need extremely soft water you really don't need it.

In saltwater if you use tap water and not ro/di water you end up adding phosphates and other chemicals from the tap into your tank. makes algae grow and gives you unhealthy water basically. :)

Can humans drink Ro water ? Sounds really healthy to me , I usually use tap for lemonade , cooking , and such . A few weeks ago a list of additives came in the mail with my water bill and frankly it was scary ...

jennagsimpson said:
Can humans drink Ro water ? Sounds really healthy to me , I usually use tap for lemonade , cooking , and such . A few weeks ago a list of additives came in the mail with my water bill and frankly it was scary ...

Yes, they once gave us RO water to drink at a sushi restaurant. :)

Yes you can drink RO water, although it won't be very exciting no taste at all to it. Normally people drink DI water(deionized) if they have a purifing system in their home. It's good for making tea, and other drinks because it will take iron, and sulfur taste out.

Taste ?? Does water have a taste lol . Hmm .. Seems healthy to me ! Removes all those nasty chemicals .... Like having a mountain stream in your house ! Lol

I was at a family members this morning and was making lemonade . When I turned on the faucet they told me to use the other one because it was filtered water . I asked what type of filter system had , they showed me and what it was a Rodi unit ! I thought it was so amusing that we just had this conversation and there it was attached to their sink !

Back
Top Bottom