RO water question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi All
I'm making my 1st batch of RO water and wanted to know if anything else has to be added to the water besides the salt mix before putting it in the tank?

make sure to do a water test and see if your RO unit is getting all the bad stuff away ^^v
won't hurt to do a little test, right? hehe

You will have to add some RO right if you want to use some in your FW tank.

Thanks for the reminder about FW use (almost forgot), I don't plan on using RO for my freshwater tank just my fowlr.

make sure to do a water test and see if your RO unit is getting all the bad stuff away ^^v
won't hurt to do a little test, right? hehe

I'v done a complete test and all looks really good. Thank god my water here in Brooklyn is pretty good with a reading 34 ppm TDS which is helping out a great deal with making RO, I'm only getting 50% waste out.

Now thats pretty good lol. Alot of people i hear from around here have bad tap water lol. Im one of those people too. Im not too sure as to how bad it is, but im sure it cant be anywhere near how good RO water is.

My inlaws live in Jersey and they drink bottled water because they don't trust the tap. They paid all that money for a home and property and can't drink the water, Me don't understand. Oh well, I think I'll just stay here in Brooklyn.

Yeah i have to agree. We pay out the wazoo in taxes on just about everything except for clothes, and we cant even get decent drinking water. My family doesn't drink out of the tap either. My pops bought a filter for the refrigerator water so thats what they use to drink the tap. Certainly not as good as the RO units' water. ;)

Back
Top Bottom