Roaming Xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
A piece of my xenia mounted itself to the back glass....for the last 24 hours, it has been roaming all over the place, I have watched it cover an area of over 4 feet. None of the other xenia is moving, but this golf ball sized piece seems to think it is the starship enterprise.
Why is it doing this?There are 5 other clumps that are perfectly happy where they are.

It is propogating itself and spreading. Why does pollen attract bees, so it can spread ;) Mother Nature is a crafty old Gal!!

Hara,

I have the same problem with the cuttings I take off of the mother colony I got from Kevin. Some stay and I have had 3 out of 7, that just simply didn't like the rocks I attached them to, and flew away in the current. Only it sucks. they are still alive but, behind my rocks and I can't get to them to try and attach them again..

You can try and catch it and wrap a rock with onion bag netting and after about 5 days, it will be attached hopefully. JMO

Tim,
It is STUCK to the glass while moving. It is not being blown anywhere. It is covering about 2 inches every 5 minutes. It is heading for my monster colt
coral...wonder what happens next.

they would be rather boring, I could show the progress I guess....now it is on the overflow box. I think it is trying to take over the tank...secret maneuvers, kinda afraid to shut off the lights.

oh my god, this is just too hilarious!!! I feel so incredibly stupid. Apparently, the xenia had managed to completely cover a big snail!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

astrosmiley.gif
bgrlaugh.gif
bgrroll.gif
biggrinroll.gif
biglaugh.gif
cutelaugh.gif
cwm.gif
evillaughter.gif
evillol.gif
haha.gif
laugh.gif