rock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scubasteve

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a bunch of rocks from a guy who used to have saltwater aquariums but stopped.
I have a 72 gallon tank and probably have ~60-70 lbs of rock I had bought online(just rock not live). I was thinking of adding some more of the rock I have lying around but I am hesitant of putting them in my tank for fear of contamination.(i'm always leary of changing *anything* in the tank, when I have it running so perfect for so long) Is there anything I can do to ensure that it is clean and won't mess anything up.
Thanks.

hmmm well just to be careful you could blech in a mild soultion of clorine. Rinse it well and let it break down in the sun for a week. roating it of course or give it a bath in some dechlorantor for about 3 hours it dsyd it save in instantly but to be safe. and have a pwerhead running. A long these lines is what i do with my dead rock too :)

Are they dry? Are you certain he never dosed copper?

scubasteve said:
I got a bunch of rocks from a guy who used to have saltwater aquariums but stopped.
I have a 72 gallon tank and probably have ~60-70 lbs of rock I had bought online(just rock not live). I was thinking of adding some more of the rock I have lying around but I am hesitant of putting them in my tank for fear of contamination.(i'm always leary of changing *anything* in the tank, when I have it running so perfect for so long) Is there anything I can do to ensure that it is clean and won't mess anything up.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom